JapShow 'Lite'Sunday 16th August 2020 at Santa Pod Raceway
With RWYB on Saturday 15th August 2020
Pre-Booking & Sign On Only
A car show where it doesn’t matter whether you drive a Nissan Micra or a race spec Evo, ride a GSXR or a Yamaha R1! A scaled down version of the one and only JapShow, JapShow 'Lite' offers something for everyone, no matter what you like about the scene.
The quarter mile will take centre stage with RWYB, alongside Show & Shine, Jap Parking, Traders, Bar and Weekend Camping. All Japanese cars and bikes are welcome.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Unfortunately the original date for JapShow on 7th June was suspended. Therefore Ticket Holders will receive a full credit to your Santa Pod Ticket Shop account equal to exactly what you’ve already paid, which can be redeemed against any Santa Pod Raceway event within the next 24 months.
At Santa Pod Raceway the safety and welfare of racegoers and participants is paramount. Please view the latest information regarding how the situation is affecting events at Santa Pod Raceway on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) page.
What's On At JapShow 'Lite'
Get your Jap car or bike on the famous Santa Pod track and see what it can do with a full performance printout available for each run!
New COVID-19 Signing On Procedure!
Please note there will be No Signing On, on the day. The sign on procedure is now built into the online ticket purchasing process BUT you will still need to present your driving licence at the signing on office.
NO Tickets or Race Vouchers will be available on the day
Sign-on costs £35 for the day with unlimited runs, as many as you want. Visit the RWYB page for more info.
If you want maximum track time then come for the weekend as there is a RWYB on the Saturday with free camping for weekend ticket holders.
Whether you’ve got a classic or modified Jap show car or bike, if its something special, make sure you enter it into the Show Paddock and get noticed!
New COVID-19 Signing On Procedure!
Please note there will be No Signing On, on the day. The sign on procedure is now built into the online ticket purchasing process and remains Free to Enter. Your reg number/number plate will be your Show ‘n’ Shine entry number.
Please ensure you have your Show & Shine Vehicle Pass clearly visible on arrival. Show Paddock parking may be available on the day subject to availability, however you will not be able to sign on to compete - Priority goes to those who have signed on in advance.
Trophies and Autoglym prizes will be awarded in the following categories: Best in Show, Top 5, Best Bike, Best Retro & Judges Choice
There will be Japanese Parking for Japanese Cars and Bikes on hardstanding. This replaces Club Stands/Displays and guarantees hardstanding parking. Any clubs are advised to arrive together so as to be able to park in close proximity.
For Japanese Parking, please select the Japanese Only Parking Pass ticket option when booking online. The deadline for Japanese Parking is Monday 10th August at 5pm. Your Pit Pass Hanger will be posted out to you prior to the event and must be displayed on arrival.
After this time, Japanese Parking will be allocated on a first come first serve basis on the day subject to availability and is not guaranteed.
All the fun of the fair with Dodgems, Waltzers, Arcades, Candy Floss and Sideshows.
New for 2020, get more fun for less with the new Token Bundles available from the Dodgems counter. Get 27 funfair tokens for £25 OR 55 tokens for £50 and really keep the kids busy for hours! Each token counts as £1 when redeemed. (tokens are non-refundable)
Ride prices: Dodgems - £4, Waltzer - £3, Sizzler - £3, Trampolines - £3, Kiddies Rides - £3
Fun Fair COVID-19 Measures - Risk assessments for each ride / Hand Sanitisers on signs at the entrance of each ride / Regular cleaning of rides.
There are licensed bars and caterers on site selling food and drink. Cash machines are in the Shops but please be ready to pay for items on site from our catering units and Pod Shop with contactless card payment rather than cash. View details.
The safety and welfare of racegoers, participants and our staff is our highest priority and we have been working hard to ensure our site is Covid secure. In preparation for getting back on track, we are introducing new hygiene, social distancing and safety measures around site in line with Government guidance.
To allow for social distancing, we are limiting the number of tickets available each day on a first-come, first served basis. All tickets and sign-on procedures will be Pre-Booking Only.
Social Distancing, Hygiene and Safety Measures:
Before You Arrive
- We politely request that you do not attend if you or your household start displaying any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19 prior to the event. The main symptoms are: a high temperature, a new continuous cough and/or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. (www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/)
- Ensure you have your tickets ready either printed off or on your phone prior to leaving for the event.
- Please be ready to pay for items on site from our catering units, Bar and Pod Shop with contactless card payment rather than cash.
- We encourage all participants (RWYB, DWYB, Racers & Crew) to bring their own first aid kit where possible for minor injuries.
- The pits will be marked out to allow for social distancing between each pit bay to include race car and/or trailer only. We ask you stay within the marked pit bay and take any instruction given by the pit marshal and security. Additional parking will be available for Crew.
- Hand Sanitiser stations will be at key locations around site. We ask you uphold the highest possible hygiene standards with regular hand washing or use of hand sanitiser.
- Please adhere to the social distancing guidelines when moving around site, viewing the track and when queuing for the Sign On Office, Toilets, Catering Units, Bar and Pod Shop. Please pay attention to markers and signs which will be clearly visible at all key locations for your safety.
- For Weekend Ticket holders camping is available, however at this time no showers are available or open for use.
Failure to follow requests and instructions may result in removal from site!
JapShow 2019 Gallery
View more photos from JapShow on the Facebook Gallery.
Follow JapShow & Santa Pod on Facebook
Santa Pod Raceway
Santa Pod Raceway is the UK's premier Drag Strip in the middle of England on the border of Northamptonshire and Bedfordshire. For full venue details please visit www.santapod.com.
Fill out your e-mail address on the Newsletter page to receive the Santa Pod Email News Letter and you will also be entered into a monthly prize draw to win a £50 Santa Pod Raceway gift voucher.
Please be aware that on the routes leading to Santa Pod Raceway, local Police will be carrying out Speed Enforcement Operations during the event and they will also be targeting other traffic offences in relation to Seat Belts, use of Mobile Phones and Illegal Number Plates etc.
If reports of antisocial driving reach the venue from local residents, drivers responsible run the risk of being refused admission without refund.